High price doesn’t mean high quality and the following products are going to prove it. In order to get a decent sound, there is no need to overpay. Therefore, we tested some earbuds to find the best earbuds under 50 dollars for personal use.
There are two types of these affordable earbuds: wired and wireless models. The basic differences between them are demonstrated in:
- Sound transmission principles (radio channels, digital technologies, etc.).
- Methods of connecting to the source (IR, Bluetooth, etc.).
- External dimensions.
- Presence of additional devices and playback sources (stationary bases, built-in players, etc.).
- Power sources (batteries, mains, etc.).
So if you are looking for a device that can meet your demands, it’s better to check the following surveys and make your own conclusion.
Earbuds Under 50 Reviews
Best Wireless Earbuds Under 50
This device belongs to the budget earbuds and has really decent assembly quality. Wireless charging works well, but the process itself is performed very slowly. The special charging case looks stylish and prolongs the earphones’ life (by recharging them) nearly 4 times. The case’s design is well-thought-out due to the magnetic body frame, compactness, and durability. Special lanyard allows keeping the case on the backpack or belt, so the owner always has access to headphones not afraid to lose them. Buds are really comfortable for ears and there’s no discomfort during prolonged wear. The product doesn’t belong to the best in ear headphones under 50 dollars, but still, it allows enjoying the music even while walking in the rain because the waterproof possibilities are proved in practice (it stays the same after swimming in a pool and falling to the bathroom).
- The device holds charge nearly 5 hours (it depends on what the user is doing).
- The volume is good enough so it’s easy to hear the music even in public place.
- There are no static, cracking, or hiss in the device; the clearness is also unequivocal.
- The microphone doesn’t pick up all the words and I have to repeat the phrase one more time.
- Earbuds disconnect mysteriously and there’s a need to put them back to the case in order to restore performance.
- There’s an opportunity to charge one bud while using another, but I can use only left one, and that’s not comfortable for me (I can’t alternate them at will).
ENACFIRE product belongs to the top earbuds under 50 dollars list due to compactness, well fitting to ears, and staying motionless even while running. With the help of Bluetooth 5.0 technology, the headphones synchronize with compatible mobile devices from a distance. Just turn on both earphones and they will automatically fit together. The battery limit varies depending on the device’s operating system (iOS – 8 hours, Android – 5 hours). Special case contains the 40 hours for the device charging and it’s useful to place earphones to the small box, for example, for the night or while traveling. However, it’s hard to call their sound perfect because the rock music contains some cracking that annoys and provokes a headache (the original recordings don’t contain any hindrances).
- It’s possible to take a shower with these buds in ears. The device works seamlessly while being under the influence of high humidity.
- Waterproof rating IPX7 means that earbuds are protected against dust.
- The charging box is made of unreliable thin plastic with an unpleasant chemical smell.
- There’s an acrid flashing blue light on the right earbud that flashes every 3 seconds. The manual doesn’t contain the information about this issue.
The range of Bluetooth is nearly 33 feet, but if there’s an obstacle between headphones, the range becomes smaller. It works well with streaming music services like Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. The earbuds are solid and won’t fall out. It needs 2 hours for charging and 8 hours to completely discharge the device. Google Assistant activation requires only 3 seconds, which is a decent result. It’s safe to say that these good earbuds under 50 dollars are waterproof, so falling into the bathroom won’t be the breakdown cause.
- The device greatly works with phone calls, the people hear me good, and noise cancellation helps with this.
- Two additional pairs of buds are useful for ear’s adjusting.
- The cord doesn’t make uncomfortable feelings while running.
- Earbuds don’t pair with iPhone and it seems that I have to call tech support.
- Bass is too high and the ear suffers each time when there is kick drum or bass line.
- The left ear has no controls which makes it similar to outdated and uncomfortable computer stereos.
These wired earbuds under 50 dollars have sensitive buttons, which allows increasing and decreasing volume with one simple touch. The case is something like a power bank; moreover, it helps not lose small headphones. There’s no detailed instruction on exploitation, so I have to try things out to find out how to wear them properly. All the tracks sound deep, there’s no noise, and disturbances in the form of the surrounding world sounds do not interfere.
- It is suited snugly and the ear pieces can be exchanged (there are a few sizes by default).
- Devices are light-weighted and almost not felt in the ears.
- Eight hours of continuous use don’t make uncomfortable feelings, there‘s no headache too.
- Earbuds are not really compact, so it’s uncomfortable to lie on the side while using a smartphone.
- The manufacturer chose not pleasant system for battery level indicating. Too many flashes are annoying.
The headset has an inbuilt voice that reminds you about a low charge level. It allows the user not to miss a moment and put the device to charge in time. If you forget the box, it’s possible to plug the buds into a regular outlet USB outlet. The device’s assembly quality is solid and even after falling down to the ground the body frame remained unchangeable (there were no scratches or functional problems). Nearly 3-4 hours of loud music listening are required to completely discharge the product. This unit may belong to the top best affordable earbuds for those music lovers who value compactness, durability, and good sound.
- The earbuds pair reflexively when taken out of the charging box.
- I can enjoy a decent layer of bass and a wide range of mids and highs.
- The design allows devices to look classic in ears and don’t spoil the look in general.
- Earbuds fall down a little bit from the ear while running.
- Sometimes I notice the disconnection and music interrupting for no reason.
Best Wired Earbuds Under 50
The manufacturer decided to slightly diversify the line of its headphones and made this model not only in black, but also in blue, and red colors. The speakers are slightly offset to the side. The outer part of the cups is decorated with Sony brand name and round concentric chrome-plated plastic trim. Low frequencies are greatly deepened in it and this feature gives a special expressiveness to rap and rock compositions. However, boosted bass slightly degrades the detail of the sound. Mid and high frequencies sound slightly muffled, which impoverishes jazz and classical music. Pay attention that headphones practically do not work with gadgets released before the 2015 year. While being a representative of cheap earbuds for active people, the Sony MDR-XB50AP is recommended for everyday use while walking.
- On the back earbuds’ side, there is a microphone for the phone.
- Special button on the front is useful for switching tracks, pausing, and calls answering.
- Due to the strong seals, the wire does not break at the plug.
- The Sony MDR-XB50AP/L sounds too loud outside.
- The volume changing buttons are absent and it’s uncomfortable to control the sounding.
- The specified model is not suitable for physical training in a gym due to the peculiar shape and large size (each earpiece falls down from the ears).
These in-ear headphones are quite light and made of plastic. I note that the plug (mini-jack 3.5 mm) is L-shaped, so it is durable and comfortable for usage. This device sounds clean and with successful equalizer settings, it’s suitable for listening to dance, club, and rock music. Sensitivity is low, but good sound insulation allows you to set the volume to maximum and enjoy music without negative consequences (e.g. headache). The quality of used materials is good enough (earbuds look flimsy but made thoughtfully and all the weaknesses are strengthened). They comfortably set in the ear and don’t fall out.
- The cord is strong enough and long.
- The mount has an oval contour, due to which the membrane takes a shape that repeats the ear opening.
- Wearing under a hat is completely uncomfortable as they stick out under it.
- They are not waterproof.
On audio tracks with strong low frequencies, the headphones give out decent bass. Sometimes low frequencies in combination with a baritone sound somewhat artificial. Earbuds are made of metal and rubber-like plastic and seem quite large at first glance. In reality, their size and shape are performed in accordance with the average ear, which in combination with the low weight of the headphones, contributes to comfort even after prolonged use. There is a special water-repellent case for storing and transporting headphones, which is useful while traveling.
- The model is equipped with a tangle-resistant flattened cable, a three-button control panel, and a microphone for iOS devices, which works seamlessly.
- The accuracy of vocal transmission is high because the voice is reproduced absolutely reliably, as if listening to it at a live concert.
- The surface of the cable during friction (for example, on clothes) transfers the noise to the headphones.
- The wires are easily tangled and become uncomfortable to use.
The headphones are small and the thin spindle-shaped body is made of silver brushed aluminum. The specified product can be barely attributed to the best earbuds under 50 dollars group. They have a neutral sound even in combination with slight distortions in the high-frequency region when the sound is perceived more rigid with inappreciably emphasized sibilants. Earbuds are not supplied with a microphone or volume control button. The clarity of sound is good enough. Moreover, the bass is resilient and crisp, with nice attacks. Songs with live drums (rock, jazz, and so on) sound impressive via it.
- The product comes with a great variety of earpieces, so it’s easy to find that pair, that fays perfectly.
- The cable isn’t good because in places where the silicone braids are bent; moreover, there are traces and small dents.
- The cable outweighs the cases and sometimes drags them along or displaces.
- Headphones become very hard in the cold. The cord does not bend and in this condition, the accessory becomes fragile and can be easily damaged.
The RHA MA390 are classic in-ear headphones connected by an elastic tube. There are plastic elements on their case and the bowls of the ears are made of cast aluminum. All these peculiarities give the impression of unit’s endurance and reliability. You can’t swim in these headphones but sweat in the gym and listen to music in the rain – as much as you like. In order to connect the headphones to a smartphone or other Bluetooth source, you need to hold the power button for about 5 seconds (that’s not fast).
- After the first pairing, the headphones connect to the device automatically.
- Thanks to passive noise isolation, the microphone clearly catches sound even in noisy rooms.
- Sound is more like booming indistinct bass, the middle is weak, and the treble sounds very high.
- Silicone tips don’t well enough (the middle one is too small and the big one falls from the ear).
Wired VS Wireless Earbuds
Wireless Earbuds: Benefits and Challenges
Before making a final choice it’s important to find all the positive and negative sides of the mentioned technologies. Wireless models are most often chosen by people who are used to pass the time actively (morning jogging or training in the gym).
Briefly, wireless devices have the following advantages:
- The absence of problems with the wire, which not only restricts the movement but often breaks.
- The original and eye-catching design allows getting aesthetic pleasure.
- The operating range of wireless headphones makes it possible to use them even if the phone is charging in another room, which is very convenient.
- Various wireless models have their own battery with a decent indicator of autonomy so that the smartphone’s battery will last longer on one charge.
Among wireless earbuds’ disadvantages are as follows:
- The integrated battery adds weight to the device. This is especially noticeable in the case of large-sized overall products.
- Unit’s cost is higher than wired models.
- The unexpected discharge also brings a certain discomfort, especially when it comes to a wireless headset, by means which the user not only listens to the music but also communicates.
Wired Earbuds: Strengths and Weaknesses
Specified devices belong to a proven classic, which have the following positive characteristics:
- Small dimensions allow them to sound powerful enough, be compact, and be easily placed in the pocket.
- The models equipped with a wire will not stop working suddenly due to a dead battery.
- High sound quality gives the opportunity to enjoy the sounding of all the instruments in songs.
The following complaints are widespread, but for some people, they are not really important:
- Tangled wire and short-lived plug really belong to the blind side, but today there are models with a flat cable (it gets confused less often and is more wear-resistant) and a 3.5mm L-shaped jack that is more durable.
- Restriction of movement and reference to the signal source are the main disadvantages for athletes.
Both variants have their pros and cons, so it’s important to compare them and find the best earphones under 50 dollars personally for the user.
Make a Right Choice: Useful Tips
Since the audio market is littered with various types of headphones, it can be difficult to decide on the right one. A potential customer has to pay attention to these points:
- Working hours. Wireless headphones are powered by built-in batteries of two types – Li-Ion and Ni-Cd. It is better to give preference to Li-Ion batteries, as they are light-weighted and quickly rechargeable. The headphones running time depends on the battery capacity, which has to be large.
- Design. For day-to-day wear, it is preferable to use comfortable-to-ear buds, as they are compact and do not put pressure on the ears. The device has to have various cushions, which can adapt to the physical peculiarities.
- Sensitivity. High sensitivity brings loud sound. Frequently, the headphones have indicators from 90 to 120dB. The volume also depends on the power of the built-in amplifier in the smartphone.
- Impedance. Any equipment has a permissible load limit. The higher the impedance, the more powerful the amplifier should be. Do not buy high-impedance headphones for low-impact portable devices. The acceptable indicator varies from 16 to 32 Ohms.